A response to my rant.

Archives1

Staff member
So there is a lot of deconstruct here.
First I was very mad. I spent hours trying to get answers yesterday and in the end was never called back.

To people that have brought up the Gisinger My Charts app, I have it and use it.. But as I was told that anything that is considered therapy pre-test are only part of internal charts and I have no records or a way to get those records myself...IE my Anal manometry test.

I have used the LUCY feature on Gisinger.com to get records that are available to me but no clinical notes are given through that service.

Also there are internal notes that again, I have no access to.

About changing doctors, hospitals, I cannot do that for a few reasons.

1) I would have to start from square one with my entire short term claim.
2) Gisinger owns every big hospital, clinic, and outpatient center within fifty+ miles from where I live.
3) Starting from square one is not a option.
4) Without this track record I have no way to keep my things going with work. If I am put on lighter duty statis at work I would be worse off.

I am open to ideas but the fact is that I am stuck between a hospital system that has a Monopoly on the health care in my area and the fact that I cannot leave that hospital system because I have to have continuing care to keep my benefits going and keep my job.

Sounds like you are very stuck with Gisinger.

Some states have an ombudsperson that you can contact.
What about free or low-cost services with Legal Aid?
If there is a law school in your area, they might take no- or low-cost cases.

People have given you many ideas, and I urge you to pursue them.

Wishing you the best.

At this point your best option would be to contact Legal Aid or find a lawyer who can do pro-bono cases. We have already suggested that so please go ahead and follow through.