A Real Night time Diaper

Archives1

Staff member
Hey All,
Love the sight don't always participate but read everything. I have been Incontinent For 6 years Only urinary. I usually wear the Mega Max Day and night. Great diaper, however, as a male and a side sleeper (using the thickest Booster pad I can find) (without going past the leakage guards) I still leak occasionally. So, my question to all you side sleepers is and to Northshore or any other diaper manufacturer is why not make a real nighttime disposable diaper with padding all around the sides, I for one would pay for that product as I usually order close to two cases of the MegaMax every month. Also, I am not shy about my incontinence I don't openly discuss it, but I don't shy away from it. I have also discovered that wrestling spandex unitard I great when to wear when you are home or know you won't be changing. I know I rambled a bit and got off topic, but I guess I had more to say then I thought. last thing my feeling is that you can't let this stop you from living your life. I am fortunate to have a very loving and upstanding wife.
thanks,
Bennet

I believe there is a booster that adheres to the inside of the brief. If not, perhaps what I'm thinking about is a pad that sticks to the inside of your underwear- either way, my idea is to stick it horizontally to the inside front panel of the product, biased to the side you sleep on.
Another idea, one I am intending to try- is to wear a pair of polyurethane laminate (PUL) over-pant, with a pair of regular underwear between that and the disposable product. Good luck.

When I know I’ll be heavy at night, I’ll pull a pair of boxer briefs over the diaper and then cover up with PUL or plastic pants. Rarely do I leak beyond that combo. Good luck!!

Ok this will sound weird but experimental ways... my wife is a big red hot chili peppers fan, we hot to talking one night about a show they did where they wore a sock in an unconventional way. Made me think as a side sleeper, mega max fan and hater of leaks, who will ever know? So I tried it. The sock helps absorb the stream if you will and then transfers it across the padding. I might still use plastic pants and a pair of underwear inside to catch leaks on heavy nights, but the combo works well enough most nights it is not needed.

I wish diaper manufacturers would realize that there are a large number of who are side sleepers myself included and design a true overnight diaper

Fortunately for females, being a side sleeper, doesn’t make anything any worse or better or easier or wetter.

I sleep in many different positions throughout the night. Back, stomach, (the worst for lower back pain) but mostly my side.

I use to have leaks until I found the best fitting diapers that snug up tight around my legs best, like BetterDry or their printed version Crinklz happens to be one example.
Hate to sound like I’m singing to the choir here, but you need to make certain that you pull pretty tight to close any gaps at the legs when fastening that bottom tape fastener on the diaper.

Though the use of the sock suggestion is unique, I found that the cloth diaper or cloth inserts work really well.

I actually have tried the wearing of a good fitting pair of cotton underwear under the disposable diaper. That actually helps.
I like the charcoal bamboo cloth inserts best. They’re a highly absorbent booster pad and very comfortable as well. They also let the stream distribute and move wetness to the back of the diaper.
You can find them at Amazon.
Many shapes and sizes.

7e0fa692ea15604539f5eb46023ae606.png

@wetdad I was once adviced on something similar. I was recommended to wrap a booster pad like a "pink ribbon" shape around my penis before putting on the diaper. It really reduced leaks. You have extra absorbency where it is needed and it help keeping the penis more centered.

@snow The world needs more RHCP 👍

@JoeAK I agree they need to be tight. I wear a size too small for my waist to keep the legs tight. When I open the package, I cut all the pull-ups down the middle a couple of inches at the waist to make that area fit, too. Of course we would all love to not have the tight legs because then I think we would have fewer rashes, but of course we would have more leaks.

I sleep in all positions primarily my side but as long as I make sure my penis is pointing down I never have issues with leaking. I'd suggest trying different products until you find the one that prevents your penis from moving much.