A Little or a Lot?

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone. I mentioned on another thread that I have been working for a year on developing a better solution for incontinence products.

I am curious to know exactly how much leakage is experienced in a day. For me personally, I only have stress incontinence, so I know one of the products I have invented works as I have been able to personally test it. BUT I am curious as to what is normal for regular incontinence and how often are you leaking / changing per day?

Sorry for my candid questions, but it is important for the continued development.

1. How often is it a full bladder release?
2. Do you more often drip / leak consistently?
3. How often are you needing to change your undergarment?

Thank you for answering. I am really committed to creating the right product, that works for everyone and all incontinence needs. Please feel free to let me know what else is important to you.

I don't mind the candid questions here are your candid answers

1. How often is it a full bladder release? just about every void
2. Do you more often drip/leak consistently? no, I get sudden urges with little or no warning
3. How often are you needing to change your undergarment? about 5 times a day depending on the absorbency of the diaper I am wearing

For me it’s different every time and everyday. I have good and bad days. Sometimes I can almost make it to the bathroom and other days I don’t even know that I’ve wet myself. Sometimes I have a constant drip and other times I have a good 400-1,200ml release.
For people like me and most others we’re told to drink a lot to keep odor down so that adds to one problem but reduces another.

Mine varies from a partial void to a full void at times but I rarely if ever have any warning so I wear pretty absorbent products, always a tape on brief as nothing else holds enough between changes. Depending on what diaper I wear I’ll change 3-6 times a day.

Hello. I have mixed IC, here are my data:
1-2 usually a full void with just a few seconds warning. And I experience some dripping and minor leaking during the day at random times.
3 I use a high capacity diaper (3800ml ISO), and with that I can go with 4-5 diapers a day.

What kind of product you're working on? Is it a reusable one?

Petya217 said:

Hi Petya, yes it is a reusable one. I am launching a light to moderate line first, but am trying to fine tune the heavier absorbency product to hold at least a full bladder worth without leaking. It's tricky, but I am confident.

I know the disposables hold a lot, but I am sure I can find a solution. My goals: keep skin dry, absorb enough without leaking, reduce landfill waste, provide someone with something better than a diaper.

Tereson said:
Petya217 said:

Hi Petya, yes it is a reusable one. I am launching a light to moderate line first, but am trying to fine tune the heavier absorbency product to hold at least a full bladder worth without leaking. It's tricky, but I am confident.

I know the disposables hold a lot, but I am sure I can find a solution. My goals: keep skin dry, absorb enough without leaking, reduce landfill waste, provide someone with something better than a diaper.

What I'd need is something that can put up with at least two-three full voids. I'm commuting 1,5 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon. With OAB and uuic, it means 2-3 accidents within this timeframe.

@Tereson I am always protected as though it is going to be a bad day. On such a bad day I will get several spasms that will empty everything that is in my bladder at the time. I will probably have to use 4 high absorbancy tape up briefs on such a day. On a good day I can manage with one brief all day.

I would put myself in the same category as many others that have posted. I have good days and not so good ones. On the good days 1-2 tape on diapers are sufficient. On the not so good days, I may need 3. At night I wear cloth. My voids are usually fairly large. If there were a cloth diaper that did not make you feel wet all the time, it would be great. But, I don't know how that is possible. That is why I choose to wear disposables during the day. I hate the fact that I'm adding to land fills, but also like feeling dryer.

@Tereson I think it varies wildly from person to person and even over time for the same individual. You not only have to consider total absorption of a product, but how quickly can it absorb, how well does it absorb under pressure, especially important for guys does it absorb in all directions. Can it contain leaks, those times when your absorption fails.

I admire your goal, and wish you luck.

1. How often is it a full bladder release?
On average, once per night.

2. Do you more often drip / leak consistently?
Every day.

3. How often are you needing to change your undergarment?
Several times per day; once in the morning.

@Tereson I forgot to answer your questions.

>1. How often is it a full bladder release?
For me rarely. Only when cardiac issues prevent me from making it to the bathroom in time.

>2. Do you more often drip / leak consistently?
Totally inconsistent, but after a "release" I can have sometimes good sized "after pees", where I leak quite a bit and forcefully, enough to make a large wet spot or run down my leg if I'm not protected. This can happen multiple times per day or not at all for several days, Just a small dribble or enough for a good sized wet spot.

>3. How often are you needing to change your undergarment?
I usually use one per day. I use a pull-up, Abena XL3, which is probably way more than I need, but which I find to be the most comfortable.

The last few years havent been all that bad. I can get by ok with Depend pullups or even assurance brand, and depend tape on plastic diaper at night. I have had in the past needed a much more absorbant product, and this still can happen if I have excerted myself physically while working or if I get away from eating healthy too long. I have also changed my lifestyle and have my own small business where I am able to go pee as often as i need to. When ive had other jobs somewhere this was not the case and seemed to make things worse. I go threw 1 to 3 pullups now during the day and usually 1 diaper at night. Sometimes 2.

The product will be perfect for you. I know it will handle light to moderate leaks, and there is a way to easily change out a pad without taking off the entire pair of underwear in a pinch, so that would be helpful too I would guess. Would love to have you test them out.