A big problem

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, this is a sensitive issue and this is a helpful website but I need to know if any of you had this problem and the main thing is if it can be solved in any way. I have already had a catheter in my penis for 3 years and apart that area was subject to studies,cystocopies, etc., but the problem is that in moments of sexual excitement the pain that comes inside the penis is so strong that I have to abort any similar attempt. We know that it is one more problem in so many that we have to face and maybe give up at all but maybe there is some waiting light for that I need help if someone knows something about this and could solve it. My urologist and my oncologist don't explain why that happens to me either. Thanks friends. Sammy

I suggest that you ask your urologist about a suprapubic catheter. It’s a tube that is inserted into the bladder through a surgical opening in the abdomen a few inches below the navel. I’ve never had any experience with one, but they are said to be more comfortable than a catheter inserted through the penis.

Hi Inconinmiss, thanks for your advice. I tell you that I tried for 7 months to use a suprapubic catheter but I had nervous pains and terrible spasms in the penis. In the end I had to take it out. I clarify that the pains were not so much in the area where I inserted the suprapublic catheter but were in the penis and surrounding area including some punctures in the anus because it is all together out there. Greetings.
Sammy

My urologist and urology PA both told me to use Vaseline on the tip so the penis and slide. I question the Vaseline, but she said yes. Also, she did order me a script of Lidocaine UroJet, that is a syringe type that also use on me to insert a Foley. And I have use this to insert some of this along side the Foley.

Sounds like the first urologist I had that was the "rammer" he made sure there was pain. You shouldn't feel anything if the medical team, holds the medication in your urethra for up to 5 min as it numbs the area.

I was scoped several years ago. That is a perfect description. It hurt allot. Thought I was going to pass out. Pretty sure he didn’t have any lidocaine. I’m a bit apprehensive to have another one done. Now that I know their is a numbing gel I will consider it.
Thanks for the post

Hi guys
Thanks for the answer but it seems that I have not expressed myself well with my query. When I talk about the strong pain I feel in the penis when there is a state of sexual arousal I do not mean penetration but it happens on any case of arousal and that is what bothers me. Maybe someone has had the same problem and has the answer or maybe some urologist can help me. I know that wearing a urethral catheter permanently is a problem but it is not the end of the world, isn't it?
As for the fact that I saw in the Forum several questions about the urethral catheter, I tell you that my urologist last time,he did it by placing before Lidocaine and placing the catheter in my penis, did it very slowly and practically I didn't feel pain. You have to tell him to be gentle.
Regards.

@Boomersway I agree. If it is done properly it shouldn't hurt. Admittedly it is a bit uncomfortable when it goes past the sphincter, but I have never experienced any pain. It could be that I have had it done so many times that I am relaxed? Phil

@physlink , I have one nurse friend that has cathed me several times, and she told me a long time ago, always come to me for your shots and caths, as there wont be any pain. She is so right!

@Boomersway you are so right. Medical staff can vary a lot in their level of skill. I have noticed that when blood samples are taken, sometimes I hardly notice and other times it feels like the member of staff is trying to push a blunt oversized needle into me. Phil

@jrpoorman hi Jim, I was trying to think of a good word to use. Harpoon fits the bill very well. Cheers Phil