94 year old female incontinet during the day but not while in bed at night

Archives1

Staff member
Would appreciate information about my being incontinet during the day
but while in bed at night I wake up 3 times and urinate in my
urinal bottle that I keep near my bed.
I drip a lot of urine all the day while wearing pads.

I have a big problem during the day; however, at night (most likely because I'm horizontal and inactive) I have little to no problem. I normally can go 5 to 6 hours without having to urinate during the night. I think that is a common scenario for many incontinent people.

I appreciate your reply to my question.
That is great news that you can go many hours without urinating
at night.

I’m always incontinent, so I can’t help much. I do take Lasix. Since I wet the bed anyway, I take the Lasix at night. I protect the bed and sleep through it. As a result of that, I don’t urinate during the day much, so there are fewer opportunities to leak or have accidents. It really works for me!

@Pricella, We would all be so lucky as you to be around a 94 and have the wherewithal to be conversant online. Sorry you are experiencing leakage. I would encourage you to bring this up to your GP and discuss options that work for you. There are a range of choices from medications to physical therapy.

theMochi said:
@Pricella, We would all be so lucky as you to be around a 94 and have the wherewithal to be conversant online. Sorry you are experiencing leakage. I would encourage you to bring this up to your GP and discuss options that work for you. There are a range of choices from medications to physical therapy.

I agree with @theMochi;

And may you stay in touch with us! My name is Honeeecombs - 🍯 Honey for short is what people typically call me (like the condiment); may you enjoy good company here at the NAFC - you are not alone.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Pricella - I find it interesting that you are better at night than during the day. For alot of us, that is the complete opposite. Do you have any possible explanation? - Pam

I am told to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
I mostly drink the water later in the day & evening.
I'm guessing that could be my problem.
During the day I drip all day long.

Pricella said:
I am told to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
I mostly drink the water later in the day & evening.
I'm guessing that could be my problem.
During the day I drip all day long.

I only drink about two glasses of water per day and sill have a major problem with incontinence during the day.

@ronron Be sure to count fluids from what you eat. Fwiw, 2 glasses seems low. That is however, subjective, what is the size of glass you are using?