27 and Bedwetting!

Archives1

Staff member
I am a fit 27 year old male and have been experiencing accidents at night for over a year now. At first it was rarely, after I consumed alcohol. In the past few months I find if I am sick (cold or flu) or consume alcohol I will wake up in a wet bed almost certainly. I have also had two accidents when alcohol and sickness were not a factor. The amount of alcohol consumed is not excessive either.

My main concern is I am now in a committed relationship and she will find out this problem eventually. Further to that, it is very stressful to sleep in any bed other than mine (cottage, camping). Does anyone here have any similar experience?

My husband is 26 and has the same problem....it used to happen rarely like u and often with alcohol but now its happening almost nightly. It started happening frequently after we started seeing each other and he was embarassed and tried to hide it but luckily i dont really mind and weve been dealing with it. U can see a doctor to see if its a medical issue that may be fixable with drugs...there are alarms u can buy thatll beep when u start getting wet to wake you up and prevent too much mess or you can set alarms throughout the night to wakeup and go to the washroom and that seems to help alot. Its not a pleasant situation and it can get tough when ur scared of staying af a hotel etc but you are most deffinately not alone..theres ways to make it better and more manageable..hopefully that helps a bit!

Thanks so much for the reply. Has he seen a professional and did they determine the cause? Was he a bed wetter as a child? How do you two manage the situation?

He hasnt seen a professional but thats because his job requires him to be healthy and he doesnt want to risk his job but since it only started happening when he started sleeping so soundly were pretty sure its not something medical. From what hes told me he wasnt a bedwetter as a kid and up until a couple years ago hadnt had the issue at all till a couple years ago it happened a time or two usually after drinking so he figured hed just drank too much...then he had a couple months when it would happen about once a week....he bought an alarm and it stopped for about a year till a bit after i moved in and then it started happening every so often and now its almost nightly without any preventative measures being taken. His problem is he sleeps so soundly that he doesnt wake up so what weve found works the best since i usually wakeup to pee in the middle if the night is i set an alarm and either when that goes off or when i naturally get up ill wake him up so he can go to the washroom (youcan set yourself one since youd probably wakeup)...this usually gets him through the night or atleast limits the amount of pee..he also has an alarm that starts beeping when he starts having an accident in case it happens before i wake him up so if it goes off ill wake him to turn it off and get him up to go. As long as we do this we limit the times he wakes up wet...it took us awhile to build a routine and ocasionaly we forget or im too tired or something but it works for us for now. We also have a liner for the mattress...that was my biggest issue was cleaning the bed but google has been a great help for odour removal and cleaning procedures.

First and foremost see a professional. I can't stress this enough. It may be something that can be easily fixed, but I caution against trying to correct the issue without professional help and until we know the cause, we will not know the correction. If you are not a mechanic you would not try to repair you car and instead opt for a mechanic. Your life and well being is far more important than an automobile.
This is our take.

I use heavy washables every night. Without them I would either exasperate my wife, or be forced to get up so often that, after a few days, I would walk around like a sleep-deprived zombie, unsafe behind the wheel and unable to do any useful work.

We offer reusables over the internet for discreet supply. Many prefer plastic, rubber or latex pants as well as cloth diapers and we have been offering a variety of styles for over 22 years. Advice is always free. Giving this option is guaranteed to save the customer many coins in this tight economy.

@protecMedical: for those of us who are not in US and in need of reusables or disposables, how do we get it?

Thanks for your inquiry. Google us and you will find us. We love to hear from good folks no matter where they are.

See reply on another post. (22 year old man)
If you have the same symptoms, a special quoting based pelvic floor regime found in a Female Continence Book may be able to help

@ProtexMedical I've used your products for daytime and nighttime bladder incontinence.

Most helpful in so many ways and I do recommend your selections of both rubber and plastic pants. I've used them for over 20 years along with both disposable and cloth diapers.

Ive been a bedwetter my whole life, no big deal, the best thing is when you meet a woman who also is a bedwetter and wears adult diapers. Its such a comfortable relationship

Andy, thanks form your kind words. We are glad you have found something that works for you from our store.Thanks too for your recommendations to others. It's good folk like you that have kept us in the business for 22 years.