100% fed up

Archives1

Staff member
I got 2 cases of MegaMax and for whatever reason they leak terribly. And I’m not talking a little leak around the legs. I’m talking full on leak to the pul pants and on the jeans. This is just after one wetting too. Not multiple. A lot of people say these work well for them. Just not for me. So now I’m looking at sending these back for something else. Back to the drawing board. I would try the betterdry but I really need an xl. Crinklz would work great but how the hell am I gonna get my insurance to pay for these? I’m not about to ask my supply guy to order me diapers with baby prints on them.

And yesterday I missed my appointment at the urologist because metro access still hadn’t arrived and they were already an hour late. And by that time it was 11 which is when my appointed was. And I went to another appointment and had a huge leak.

Things suck for me right now

Wow all I can say is I am shocked I have only had a few samples of the Mega-Max and I was very impressed with them I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with them, my friend, you have been through so much and I pray that things will start getting better for you, if you remember I was getting the Attends Poly Briefs through my insurance until my Doctor wrote a letter of medical necessity for me to be provided with the Abena Abriform I am currently using the L4 but with all the weight loss I had I recently tried some samples of thec M4 and found they do fit but I am at that point right in between sizes so I figured I will stick with the L4 a little longer and eventually give the M4 another try in the future ever since I switched to the Abena I have had almost no issues I have had almost no leakage issues any diaper will leak on an occasion and any leakage I have had has been minimal and I am a side sleeper and a heavy wetter I do wish the Abena had an elastic waistband and I like the landind zone that the Mega-Max has vs the second chance tape system that the Abena has but I have no complaints I hope you can find a diaper that meets your needs and even better have your insurance cover it for you good luck to you my friend

@justej
justej said:
I got 2 cases of MegaMax and for whatever reason they leak terribly. And I’m not talking a little leak around the legs. I’m talking full on leak to the pul pants and on the jeans. This is just after one wetting too. Not multiple. A lot of people say these work well for them. Just not for me. So now I’m looking at sending these back for something else. Back to the drawing board. I would try the betterdry but I really need an xl. Crinklz would work great but how the hell am I gonna get my insurance to pay for these? I’m not about to ask my supply guy to order me diapers with baby prints on them.

And yesterday I missed my appointment at the urologist because metro access still hadn’t arrived and they were already an hour late. And by that time it was 11 which is when my appointed was. And I went to another appointment and had a huge leak.

I will say though. That even though the MegaMax didn’t work for me (it may be the cut, sizing, hell I dunno.) Northshore makes sure they provide amazing customer service. A lot of people swear by the MegaMax so seeing as though I’ve had issues with so many diapers I don’t fault Northshore at all. Incontinence is just the pits. Plain and simple

I’m really sorry that you are having a hard time right now. I’m hoping that things get worked out and you have brighter days ahead!

Hey justej,

I have found that over the years, your body type will impact the performance of a diaper. Confydry 24/7 was my go to diaper but that was 30 lbs. ago. With my weight gain, the Megamax diaper suits me better. Also, I buy it in large, even though their size chart puts me at a medium.

I improve the performance of a diaper by folding it in half lengthwise before putting it on. You always want a “well” in the crotch. It also helps that my penis points down and directly into the “well.” If you think of your penis as a garden hose, and a stream of urine can erupt at any moment, you’ll understand the need to secure it in your diaper as best you can. What doesn’t help is getting an erection. If you become erect in your diaper, your penis may actually end up poking out of the leg. And when you become soft, the damage is done. You’ve already breached security.

I’m in my 60s now so my erections are less frequent. But this indeed was an issue many moons ago. Wearing a snug pair of cotton briefs or even a jockstrap under the diaper might be a solution. Find something that will secure your penis. Keep the lion in it’s cage.

My solution is a thick cloth diaper that’s folded so there’s lots of absorbent fabric in the front and crotch where I need it most, and folded such that my penis won’t fall out, even when I get an erection. Unfortunately this solution won’t allow me to wear trousers. So I use a disposable and if I’m wearing one with the right size and fit, it’s mostly reliable. The Megamax diaper is advertised as a 12 hour diaper and I wouldn’t recommend wearing it that long. But I have been caught at times away from home and the diaper did live up to the 12 hour claim.

Good luck to you.

One other thought. Go to www.incontinentsupport.org. There is a “diaper primer” on the site with much useful information. I actually have chatted with the gentleman who wrote it. We have a similar history as we have both spent most of our lives in diapers.

@justej my sis in law told me to use doublers (Northshore rep suggested up to 3) and overpants, and that really helped, yes a pad under too, and things settled down. I hope thing get better.

Good thought on the booster (doubler.) I wear one with the Megamax diaper when I leave the house and I know I won’t be able to change. At times, I’m able to remove a wet booster and continue to wear the same diaper, as the booster absorbed most of the urine.

I haven’t found it necessary to wear plastic pants over a disposable diaper. But I do have a large supply of plastic pants on hand as they’re required with a cloth diaper.

Thanks everyone.

I always fold down the middle thats not the problem. And booster pads with the MegaMax don’t help. They soak right through. I haven’t used confidry in awhile maybe I’ll give those a try.

Jason - I have female anatomy (I’m transgendered. Female to male) so I don’t have the penis to worry about. And I’m quite familiar with isc. It’s the first incontinence forum I ever went on 5 years ago. :)

Dpcare - abenas work ok I just hate having to order 3 cases a month. I don’t like that they are only 3 packs in a case.

yes that is true I don't understand why they only do 3 bags to a case but at least the insurance is covering them

justej said:
Thanks everyone.

I always fold down the middle thats not the problem. And booster pads with the MegaMax don’t help. They soak right through. I haven’t used confidry in awhile maybe I’ll give those a try.

Jason - I have female anatomy (I’m transgendered. Female to male) so I don’t have the penis to worry about. And I’m quite familiar with isc. It’s the first incontinence forum I ever went on 5 years ago. :)

Dpcare - abenas work ok I just hate having to order 3 cases a month. I don’t like that they are only 3 packs in a case.

@justej So I make all these assumptions about you and I’m wrong on all accounts. Well that was stupid of me.

If products aren’t working, all I can guess is you haven’t found the right one that fits properly. I used to be a standard size but now that I’m a fat old man it’s become more difficult to find items that fit. I keep trying and that’s all I can suggest. Good luck to you.

justej said:

One thing I would say trying, Use a baby cloth diaper as an insert. I did that when money was really tight and It worked well. Make laundry suck but better than wet pants.

We all have bad days and feel bad when bad stuff happens. Just try and look for the positives that you have in your life. I know its hard and we have all had accidents here that we can share and reflect on. Did you gently prise the pad apart a little to move the pulp a bit. As they are very absorbant pads, perhaps they are tightly packed when they are made. Perhaps they are just not the right ones for you? Perhaps the way forward is cloth and plastic pants? Cloth might be quicker to absorb a void than a disposable? I've never tested this out but I am sure there are some on here who have and might be able to help a bit more. Adam from Northshore is very helpful and might be able to guide you further if you reach out to him? Wishing you better days from UK xx

@Jason - its ok, you're not the first and you certainly wont be the last. :)
thanks for the tips though. someone with male anatomy may find them useful.

@ThatFlGuy - thanks I'll check into that.

@laalaauk - its not just one bad day. I've been struggling with this for 5 years. And since my amputation in June it has been even more of a struggle. Cloth is way too expensive for me. I'm on disability and my funds are limited. Adam has been an immense help. I've been working with him on a solution. I used a northshore booster pad last night with the megamax and while it did leak after 2 wettings it seems as though it will be ok for one. At least I hope. And I'm getting a case of the crinklz next week. I used them over my trip to see my family in october and they worked well. I just hope I haven't gained too much weight since them. I'm in a wheelchair so my activity level is limited.

@justej if you do want to go with cloth diapers you might want to look into Jakes Diapers

Jake’s Diapers, Inc. solves diaper need for infants, elderly and those with special needs. We believe this is essential for clean, healthy and active lives and creates a sense of dignity for those we serve. When we alleviate the ongoing financial burden of diaper costs, we empower recipients to pursue a higher quality of life.
9,286lives impacted
...and Counting!
But the need is far greater. Learn how you can help by exploring our pages below.

@DPCARE - Thanks. Cloth is not ideal for me because I don’t have my own washer and dryer. I have to pay per load and it becomes expensive.

I understand perfectly but it is another source of help might be worth looking into nothing says you'd have to use the cloth all the time it could be a good back up source

justej said:
@DPCARE - Thanks. Cloth is not ideal for me because I don’t have my own washer and dryer. I have to pay per load and it becomes expensive.